Breakfast & registration – 8 a.m.
Lecture – 9 a.m.
Lunch – 12-1 p.m.
Dismissal – 3 p.m.
Tuition Cost: AIDA members: $99 per person (50% discount)
General Admission: $199 per person
*Tuition includes breakfast and lunch
CE: 5 Lecture CE Credits
CE Code: 490
Course Description: Change can be difficult for patients and clinicians. Clinical studies demonstrate the prevalence of periodontal disease among our patient populations, yet it is still vastly undertreated by the dental profession. Due to its multi-factorial nature, periodontal disease demands a comprehensive approach to treatment recommendations critical to the patient’s long-term success. This course is designed to provide you with a refreshing, practical, and comprehensive approach to implementing a high-level periodontal protocol. This course includes the entire team, not just hygienists. To fully develop a program of excellence the entire dental team needs to understand the signs and symptoms of these issues.
- Discover the truth about dental dysbiosis and how to treat it
- Identify chairside technologies to maximize the patient’s periodontal outcomes
- Discover how to create exceptional rapport with patients to implement motivational interviewing effectively
- Explore ethical modules of assisted hygiene
- Calculate an effective process to enhance patient acceptance
- Review 5 common mistakes dental practices make in periodontal disease management and how to avoid them
- Analyze methods to create a collaborative team approach to periodontal disease management
Meet the Instructor: Amber Auger, MPH, RDH
Amber Auger, MPH, RDH, is a practicing dental hygienist that specializes in detecting and treating dental dysbiosis conditions. With over 17 years of experience in the dental industry, she has a passion for guiding hygienists in enhancing their clinical confidence, time and business management, and whole-body, patient-specific periodontal protocols. Amber is the 2019 Sunstar Award of Distinction recipient, a contributor to RDH Magazine, featured author for DentistryIQ, editor of the RDH Graduate newsletter, and the host of#AskAmberRDH. Amber is actively mentoring and educating fellow dental hygienists in their careers and in personal growth through Thrive in the Op® on-demand course curriculum and weekly live coaching sessions. Amber is also owner of the Functional RDH® certification that provides hands-on and classroom lectures to identify the root cause of dental dysbiosis and ways in which to restore whole-body health based on the latest oral science.