Breakfast & registration – 8 a.m.
Lecture – 9 a.m.
Lunch – 12-1 p.m.
Dismissal – 3 p.m.
Tuition Cost: AIDA members: $149 per person (50% Discount)
General Admission: $299 per person
*Tuition includes breakfast and lunch
Registration Open Jan 31 for AIDA Members; September 22 for General Admission
CE: 5 Lecture CE Credits
CE Code: 490
Course Description: There are many clues that provide evidence of diseases, such as occlusal wear, recession, bleeding, fissured tongues, erythemic tissues, incipient lesions, and many more. Determining our patient’s highrisk factors for oral disease and systemic health is multi-factorial, and our role as dental professionals allows us to evaluate the first signs of disease. This program will help you and your team review the patient’s risk factors. At the same time, empowering the clinician to compare clinical technologies that align with the patient’s lifestyle to reduce and decrease disease.
- Review the role of pH in the caries risks assessment and learn to identify stages of demineralization and remineralization.
- Identify the latest techniques in salivary testing and how to treat the patient based on the results.
- Prioritize the patient’s high-risk factors to decrease their risks of oral disease and systemic health comprehensively.
- Reevaluate insulin resistance and why it’s essential for dental professionals.
- Discover how to expedite risk assessments to enhance patient education and prevention.
- Evaluate the latest clinical and homecare technologies to decrease patients’ oral and systemic disease risks.
Meet the Instructor: Amber Auger, MPH, RDH
Amber Auger, MPH, RDH, is a practicing dental hygienist that specializes in detecting and treating dental dysbiosis conditions. With over 17 years of experience in the dental industry, she has a passion for guiding hygienists in enhancing their clinical confidence, time and business management, and whole-body, patient-specific periodontal protocols. Amber is the 2019 Sunstar Award of Distinction recipient, a contributor to RDH Magazine, featured author for DentistryIQ, editor of the RDH Graduate newsletter, and the host of#AskAmberRDH. Amber is actively mentoring and educating fellow dental hygienists in their careers and in personal growth through Thrive in the Op® on-demand course curriculum and weekly live coaching sessions. Amber is also owner of the Functional RDH® certification that provides hands-on and classroom lectures to identify the root cause of dental dysbiosis and ways in which to restore whole-body health based on the latest oral science.